ICMIF Microinsurance Workshop 2012
Links and downloads
WHEN: November 4, 2012
to November 5, 2012
WHERE: Dar es Salaam (Tanzania)
FIND OUT MORE: http://www.microinsurance.coop/news/mi-workshop2012
The ICMIF microinsurance workshop enables participants to experience the key aspects of running a microinsurance scheme through a combination of a specially designed simulation and insights from experienced facilitators.
If participants want to:
• Understand how the pieces of the microinsurance puzzle fit together
• Balance affordability with sustainability
• Understand the impact of education, distribution and claims settlement
• Know how to review the right information (financial & environmental) to make the correct microinsurance management decisions.
….then this workshop will be invaluable to you and your organisation!
WHAT ARE THE OBJECTIVES OF THE WORKSHOP?
The main objectives of the workshop are to:
•Analyze a business scenario, make decisions and apply appropriate action to improve the situation
•Understand how the process and components of a microinsurance scheme interrelate and impact each other.
The workshop is designed to meet the learning needs of:
• People considering establishing microinsurance schemes
• Staff of microinsurance companies
• Established companies considering entering the microinsurance market
• Regulators and policy makers
• Microfinance consultants
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The ICMIF microinsurance simulation provides the practice ground for you to discover what it feels like to run a microinsurance scheme. This replicates the uncertainty you will have experienced in real life in order to deliver the critical ingredients to learning that sticks: surprise, emotion, personal stories and shared experience.
In addition, experienced facilitators are on hand to deliver structured learning points that are designed to complement the simulation and complete your knowledge for running a microinsurance scheme.
You can register to the workshop by clicking on the following registration form: ICMIF Microinsurance Workshop 2012- Registration form () (pdf, 71.47 kB)