The ICMIF Biennial Conference 2017 takes place later this year from 17–20 October 2017 in London, UK, at the Hilton London Bankside Hotel.
Our Conference theme is Redesigning insurance. Far from an abstract proposition, mutual and cooperative insurers understand the need to consider how we can “redesign” what we do, how we do it and the products and services we offer to our members and wider communities.
Values-based insurers help mitigate some of the world’s biggest risks but we need to keep innovating in order to survive. The speakers and panels at this year’s Biennial Conference 2017 will be an invaluable source of inspiration on what our sector is already doing in terms of innovation but also share examples and inspiration on how we can continue to stay ahead of the competition.
ICMIF is pleased to announce the first confirmed speakers for the event:
- Keynote presentation from Victoria Saporta, Chair of the Executive Committee of the International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS) will give a keynote presentation as part of a session on the changing face of regulation and policy. Victoria is also the Executive Director of Prudential Policy Directorate at the Bank of England and was at the heart of the macro prudential and micro prudential policy reforms undertaken by the Bank of England after the global financial crisis
- Stephen Catlin, Chair of the Insurance Development Forum (IDF) and Executive Deputy Chairman, XL Catlin and Inga Beale, CEO, Lloyds of London will participate in a high-level panel alongside leaders from the cooperative movement, the insurance industry and ICMIF members, looking at leadership challenges within a responsible business.
- Dr Mamiko Yokoi-Arai, Principal Administrator, Financial Affairs Division, OECD, and Kurt Karl, Chief Economist, Swiss Re, will present in a session on serving the new and complex insurance needs in the world’s changing risk landscape.
The Conference agenda will explore topics including:
- Technology and innovation: How ICMIF members are leveraging digital technology within their organisations and introducing cutting-edge systems, including artificial intelligence, blockchain, the internet of things (IoT) and telematics, to keep their organisations ahead of the competition
- Serving the insurance needs of a new world of risk and changing preferences of tomorrow’s customers
- The critical organization capabilities needed to innovate and survive
The ICMIF Biennial Conference 2017 is created for mutual and cooperative insurance leaders who want a conference with a difference. A conference that creates real, lasting value for their organization and its member-owners. A conference that stimulates original ideas for better business performance; that offers clear insights into the trends that are shaping the future of our industry; that provides a full and clear understanding of the powerful role that our sector too can play in redesigning insurance
Registration for the Conference is open now.
ICMIF members and other delegates should note that bedroom accommodation at the main Conference hotel, the Hilton London Bankside is limited – early booking is highly recommended.