The International Cooperative and Mutual Insurance Federation’s Regional Association for the Americas (ICMIF/Americas) has announced the date for the third annual Regulatory Leaders Issues Forum - Latin America. The forum will take place on Monday 17 April 2017 from 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. at the Sheraton Santiago Hotel and Convention Centre in Santiago, Chile. The program this year is entitled Ensuring the Future of the Mutual Insurance Model Together and for the first time the Forum will see specially invited Chilean mutuals present and participate.
The Forum is targeted at CEOs, senior government relations professionals, general counsels and other senior leaders of mutual and cooperative insurers in Latin America, and offers a unique opportunity to better understand the current global financial regulatory system, global insurance regulatory policy trends and key international institutions involved. Held in conjunction with the Latin American Association of Insurance Supervisors (ASSAL) Annual Conference, this event will involve international, regional and national insurance supervisors and authorities as well as experts in regulatory policy and public affairs from around the region and the globe. This this by-invitation only event is for ICMIF members in Latin America and invited guests only with no additional fee to attend. Given limited space, registrations are limited to 25 people.
- Introduce Chilean mutual insurers and employer mutuals
- Present ICMIF, its regional and global network, activities, knowledge and services
- Update on international regulatory affairs and trends
- Collaboration without borders: successful examples and best practice collaborations between insurance cooperatives and mutuals in the ICMIF's Latin American and Caribbean network
- Dialogue with national insurance supervisors and international insurance authorities on topics of interest
- Analyse the content and discuss the use of new advocacy tools
8:30 - 9:00 Welcome and Introductions
9:00 - 11:00 Mutual insurance in Chile: Past, present, and future
This session features two panel presentation and discussion sessions with Chilean mutual insurers and Chilean employers mutuals to learn about each organisation and the current landscape of Chilean mutual insurance.
11:00 - 11:30 Coffee break
11:30 - 13:00 The world of mutual insurance: Collaboration without borders
- Introduction to the world of mutual insurance and ICMIF
- Update on regulatory and supervisory insurance trends at the regional and global levels
- Cooperation without borders panel: featuring successful case studies of ICMIF member collaborations
13.00 - 14.30 Lunch
14.30-16.00 National insurance regulators and supervisors and international authorities discussion forum
With a tradition for the third straight year, this session invites national insurance supervisors and regulators and international authorities to an open discussion on current insurance issues and trends. This session will be conducted under the Chatham House Rule*.
- Yoshihiro Kawai, Secretary General, International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS)
- Tomás Soley, Superintendent, Superintendencia General de Seguros (Sugese), Costa Rica
- Other superintendents - to be confirmed
16:00 - 16:15 Coffee break
16:00 - 17:30 Promoting greater understanding and recognition for the mutual insurance model to achieve an enabling legal and regulatory environment
For more information on this event, click here to contact ICMIF team.
*When a meeting, or part thereof, is held under the Chatham House Rule, participants are free to use the information received, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed.