ICMIF Supporting Member AM Best has announced that it will host its annual reinsurance market briefing as a virtual event on 13 September 2020, 10:15 a.m.–11:45 a.m. (CEST). This follows the cancellation of the 2020 Rendez-Vous de Septembre.
This event, which will be presented as a complimentary webinar, will mirror AM Best's popular and well-attended reinsurance market briefings normally held at the Rendez-Vous de Septembre in Monte Carlo. Hosted at the exact same time as previous in-person events, it provides a unique opportunity to hear reinsurance market insight and opinion from a panel of senior executives and analytical leaders of AM Best's international offices.
AM Best currently maintains a stable market segment outlook on the global reinsurance industry, owing to a favorable pricing environment and reinsurers' expected ability to absorb underwriting losses and investment volatility resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic. The webinar will explore the pandemic's ongoing impacts to the sector.
Discussion topics will include:
- AM Best's trend analysis on the global reinsurance sector
- Global reinsurance outlook and the drivers of future rating movements
- Capital management challenges
- Impact of alternative capital and ILS
- Key rating issues impacting all reinsurers
Register now for the upcoming event.
Attendees can submit advance questions during registration or by emailing email@example.com. Playback will be available to registered viewers shortly after the event.
State of the Global Reinsurance Market webinar - Tuesday 11 August 2020 - 2pm BST (9am EDT)
ICMIF members keen to learn more about the current state of the reinsurance market can register to join this complimentary AM Best Webinar, in which AM Best analysts and industry leaders will examine the impact of the pandemic, natural disasters and other developments on reinsurance capital, as well as how mergers & acquisitions, third-party capital and regulatory issues are shaping the industry.
- Carlos Wong-Fupuy, Senior Director, Global Reinsurance Ratings, AM Best
- Scott Mangan, Associate Director, Global Reinsurance, AM Best
- Silke Sehm, Executive Member of the Board, Hannover Re
- Jonathan Isherwood, CEO of Reinsurance, Americas, Swiss Re
Register for the August webinar here.