www.microinsurance.coop – a web site created to promote the activities of ICMIF members involved in microinsurance as well as highlighting the role of the cooperative and mutual movement in providing access to insurance for the underserved has been launched by ICMIF.
The site includes publically available content, such as:
- The latest microinsurance news from the mutual and cooperative sector
- Upcoming microinsurance events
- Dedicated ICMIF publications such as Prosper and member case studies
- Videos on member microinsurance schemes and interviews by the secretariat
- Copies of regulation applicable to member countries
- A library of mutual/cooperative microinsurance publications
- ICMIF services and activities in the area of microinsurance
In addition, ICMIF members can register on the site to gain access to more detailed information and downloads, including:
- Technical data and information on members’ microinsurance products and strategies
- Ability to request papers on specific subjects and providers from the secretariat’s specially compiled library
- Commenting on news stories and other content
- Network with other members and joint discussion forums through the ICMIF online community
The site has been created by the ICMIF in-house team alongside a steering group from the ICMIF Development Committee and is the culmination of several months of research, dialogue and collaboration. Various social networking platforms such as Facebook, YouTube and Twitter will be used in conjunction with the site to help raise the profile of microinsurance in the cooperative and mutual insurance sector.
Currently the site is available in English but there is the possibility for it to be available in other languages over coming months according to levels of interest shown by ICMIF members.