The ICMIF Biennial Conference is a unique gathering of mutual and cooperative insurance leaders from around the world which takes place every two years. The 2019 Conference will address the priority issues for as stated by the CEOs of ICMIF member organisations and the future trends that will determine their business success.
A dedicated Biennial Conference website has been launched this week and registration is now open for the event. The Conference takes place 12-15 November 2019 in Auckland (New Zealand) at the Cordis, Auckland Hotel. The host for the event is ICMIF member FMG, New Zealand’s leading rural insurer.
The Conference theme: The Future of Mutuality
The theme of the Conference, The future of mutuality, will drive an agenda which focuses on the future of the customer-owned model in insurance and how ICMIF members are creating sustainable, competitive advantage.
The Conference will feature leaders from the cooperative/mutual insurance sector as well as external experts from around the world in panel discussions and presentation sessions.
The agenda will include:
- Embedding operational agility and innovation in response to a rapidly evolving insurance market
- Reacting to emerging insurance risks and market uncertainty
- Remaining relevant to the customers of tomorrow
- Operating as responsible businesses and integrating the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in ICMIF member organisations
- Increasing customers’ wellbeing and societal resilience
- Shifting our core business objectives from protection to prevention
- Enhancing the customer experience and strengthening our customer relations through digitalisation and technology
- Seizing opportunities in the digital ecosystem through new types of strategic partnership
- Shaping our sector’s future by preparing the organisation’s leaders for a new business world, empowering young talent and upholding our distinct, cooperative/mutual values
Please visit the Conference website to learn more about this unique event for ICMIF members.
Highlights of the ICMIF Biennial Conference will include:
- The largest global gathering of our sector with unrivalled peer-to-peer networking
- Inspirational ICMIF leaders in insightful and provocative panel sessions
- Globally renowned speakers delivering stimulating and informative presentations
- Additional, specialist events are offered on our unique Young Leaders Programme
Following the great success of the ICMIF Young Leaders Programme at the 2017 Conference in London ICMIF will be running this Programme again in Auckland. This unique programme is designed for young professionals who have been identified by their seniors as strong candidates to become future leaders within their organisations. They can attend the ICMIF Conference at a discounted fee as well as participate in exclusive networking events designed specifically to meet their interests. For more information please contact Ben Telfer.
ICMIF members can register now at the ICMIF Biennial Conference website. The website contains information on the programme; the conference hotel; local information including travel options; the social programme; and optional excursions to help delegates make the most of their time in New Zealand.
If you have any questions about the Conference or registration please contact the Events Team.
“The ICMIF Biennial Conference is now a ‘must have’ rather than a ‘nice to have’. All in all, the gain to our business and, more personally, to the people from the company who attend, is worth a lot.”
Lindsay Sinclair, Group CEO, NFU Mutual, UK.
“What I particularly notice about the ICMIF Conference is the depth of the presentations and the quality of the speakers. It is the three full days of outstanding presentations and excellent discussion that keep me coming back each year.”
Rockne P Corbin, Vice President and Managing Director (Reinsurance), Shelter Mutual Insurance Company