Voice is ICMIF’s quarterly magazine, containing stories and news embracing the sector as well as in-depth interviews with chief executives.
Highlights in this edition include:
“Cooperatives and mutuals always have to make sure that their reinsurance buying is cost efficient. This can be achieved in respect of the structure of their reinsurance programme, its pricing, the terms and conditions and last but not least the reinsurance administration. But the highest inefficiency is when you have bought your reinsurance with a reinsurer which is no longer around. Given the low margin environment of the current reinsurance market and the low interest level of the capital markets, I anticipate either more mergers and acquisitions among reinsurers or more run-offs,” Lamby says.
Extract from:: CEO profile with Christoph Lamby of R+V Re, Germany (pictured above): Offering reinsurance the cooperative way
Other highlights from this edition:
- CEO Profile - Anne Mette Toftegaard: The first lesson? It’s to think about the members
- Round table on reinsurance: Leading experts debate the issues
- Monique Leroux: From Québec to the world
- Cooperative and mutual insurance sector has significantly higher numbers of women CEOs than stock companies
- What’s happening in health and long-term care: What are the implications for mutuals?
- ICMIF’s research shows the mutual sector still performing well
- Market for certified climate bonds and green bonds grows rapidly