Voice is ICMIF’s magazine for members and stakeholders. Voice contains stories and news about the mutual and cooperative insurance sector as well as in-depth interviews with chief executives, global leaders and senior figures from the sector. The magazine is published three times a year and is available in English, French, Spanish and Japanese.
Highlights in this edition include:
“The aim, Chris Hilger says, is to make Securian “the highest-performing purpose-driven financial services company”. Success will be measured through whether financial goals are met, but this is only part of the story. “We are setting expectations for how we perform for our customers, distribution channel partners, associates and community – and ultimately for how we deliver on what it means to be a mutual insurer,” he says. The success of Vision 2020, Securian’s current strategic plan, is being assessed in four key areas: customer and distribution partner experience, staff development and retention, community engagement and – of course – financial performance. Chris Hilger is looking for ‘smart growth’, he says, including finding new sources of revenue.”
Extract from: CEO profile with Chris Hilger, President and CEO, Securian (USA)
Other highlights from this edition:
- Interview with the UN’s Robert Glasser: insurers have a part to play in disaster risk reduction
- CEO Profile – Kumar Shailabh, Uplift Mutuals (India)
- What are ICMIF CEOs thinking and planning?
- ICMIF launches new opportunity for the leaders of tomorrow
- Major changes in Europe on data protection will have knock-on effects worldwide
- Is pricing agility challenging mutual values?
- How cyber-security insurance can affect mutuals’ ratings
- Solvency II – how is it working one year on?