The ICMIF Executive Committee consist of the Chairperson of the ICMIF Board of Directors, and at least six and no more than twelve others selected from the Board. The election of the Executive Committee shall take place biennially at the first Board meeting after the ICMIF general meeting. The Chair of the Board shall be the Chair of the Executive Committee.
The Executive Committee acts as the audit, nomination, remuneration, governance and membership committees for ICMIF.
The Executive Committee has the following specific remits:
- To exercise powers of the Board of Directors that it can legally address between Board meetings on matters that cannot wait until the next Board meeting.
- Provide strategic guidance and advice to management on planning, financial and operational issues
- Responsibility for the governance of ICMIF.
- Approval of changes in the ICMIF membership.
- Act as the remuneration committee on matters related to compensation of the Chief Executive.
- Chair: Rob Wesseling, Co-operators, Canada (Chair)
- Alejandro Simón, Sancor Seguros, Argentina (Vice Chair)
- Izak Smit, PPS, South Africa (Vice Chair)
- Ylva Wessen, Folksam, Sweden (Vice Chair)
- Aris Alip, CARD MRI, Philippines (Vice Chair)
- Hilde Vernaillen, P&V, Belgium
- Adam Heath, FMG, New Zealand
- Robert Otto, Achmea, Netherlands
- Nick Turner, NFU Mutual, UK
- Fumio Yanai, Zenkyoren, Japan
- Shaun Tarbuck, ICMIF
- Andrew Yeo, INCOME, Singapore