As part of its virtual member services offering, ICMIF hosts virtual member to member discussions for HR leaders at member companies on a monthly basis (usually the first Wednesday of the month).
In 2021, ICMIF launched a series of regular, virtual member-to-member discussions for people involved in the Human Resources function across the ICMIF membership. These discussions were initially aimed at HR Directors/Chief People Officers (or similar), but with the scope for our members to invite other specialist colleagues to join the online meetings, depending on the topics being discussed.
The purpose of these discussions is to enable knowledge/experience sharing between members, which we believe is even more important than ever since our “normal” working lives were disrupted by the pandemic and our members are having to learn different ways of doing things within the HR function. Members attending these sessions report that they find it extremely useful to be able to discuss common challenges with their peers at fellow ICMIF members in an open and supportive environment.
We typically host the HR discussions on the first Wednesday of every month. The discussions will normally run for one hour unless there is a demand from members to make them longer.
The next meeting will take place on Wednesday 5 October 2022 (3pm BST) and the theme to be discussed with be Data-driven strategic workforce management.
What are they and when are they held?
- Monthly one-hour meetings for ICMIF members
- Held virtually using Zoom or Teams
- Usually, the first Wednesday of every month, 3pm (UK time)
Who are they for?
- Human Resource Directors and HR specialists
What does a typical session look like?
- In 2021, these sessions typically saw around 14 participants from ICMIF members from around the world (we had a total of 48 different participants from 27 member companies from 11 countries last year)
- The normal format of the meeting is 40 minutes discussion about pre-agreed topics in virtual breakout rooms, followed by a report back from each group in the main session
- Sometimes there is a guest presentation on a specific topic, followed by shorter breakout discussions
What kinds of topics are discussed?
The following topics have recently been discussed:
- The future of work
- Key challenges of flexible working
- Workplace culture (how to build/sustain in new environment)
- Wellbeing and resilience
- Trends in talent and the insurance workforce
- Talent retention and attraction
- Diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Role of HR in corporate social responsibility/ESG
- Coaching as part of HR/organisational development strategy
- Enabling a hybrid workforce and the role of the office
- Work reimagined: how companies are redefining work with humans at the centre
- Learning agility: futureproofing the workforce
- Metrics for short-terms and long-term incentive plans
- Addressing pay and benefits in an inflationary environment
What do participants say?
- I’ve so appreciated these sessions and the amazing thought leadership
- I just wanted to share with you that I am really enjoying these sessions you are arranging – I am especially looking forward to tomorrow’s talk
- The topic for tomorrow is fantastic. Looking forward to it as we are in the process of developing our hybrid work environment
- The format is excellent, I find the small group discussion very valuable. Thanks to ICMIF for creating these opportunities