The ICMIF Young Leaders Forum (YLF) is a network of young professionals (generally aged between 20 and 35 years old) at ICMIF member companies who have been identified by their seniors as strong candidates to become future leaders within their organisations. The Forum focuses on the professional and personal development of its members, as well as providing added value to discussions of the Intelligence Committee and its outputs to the wider ICMIF membership.
The main purpose of the YLF is to:
- provide a learning and development opportunity by exposing its members to wider issues impacting the insurance industry, strategic discussions and mutuality on a global scale
- allow members to network, learn from and collaborate with peers from other organizations around the world by sharing best practice
- provide a chance to engage in strategic discussions with senior executives from other mutual and cooperative insurers at tailored ICMIF events
- engage in research projects and produce thematic reports as part of ICMIF’s Business Intelligence activities
- act as an advisory resource for the Intelligence Committee and help guide their discussion and outputs with a focus on the future generation.
The original eight members of the YLF first met in Copenhagen, Denmark, in November 2016 and the Forum was officially launched in April 2017.
The YLF currently has 13 member representatives from ICMIF member companies:
- Ismael Blasco, Customer Service Co-ordinator, Grupo Asegurador La Segunda (Argentina)
- Tamara Van Weverberg, Manager, Ecosystems & Partnerships - Health, P&V (Belgium)
- Dominique Nadeau, Strategic Client Manager, The Co-operators (Canada)
- Kirstine Schans Christensen, Business Developer, Strategy and Innovation, LB Group (Denmark)
- Niclas Jung, Head of Business Development Life Insurance, DEVK (Germany)
- Valentino Ricciardi, Head of Strategic Plan Development, Unipol (Italy)
- Marieke Mensink, Business Consultant, Distribution Expertise Center, Achmea (Netherlands)
- Dan Hamilton, Senior Pricing Analyst, FMG (New Zealand)
- Jackelyn Ballena, Vice President for Operations - Life Division, 1CISP (Philippines)
- Sibusiso Manyoni, Learning and Development Practice Lead: Digital, PPS (South Africa)
- Simon Bärtschi, Business Economist, Swiss Mobiliar (Switzerland)
- Sara Western, Experience Design Consultant, NFU Mutual (UK)
- Tyler Carey, Senior Underwriter, Shelter Insurance (USA)
The approved Terms of Reference of the Young Leaders Forum allows up to 16 members, who can serve for a maximum of a two-year term. Members are nominated by a member company (one representative per company) and approved by the Intelligence Committee.