As part of its strategic transformation to become a national insurer, Canadian ICMIF member Gore Mutual Insurance Company has introduced a refreshed brand identity to reflect this ambition and its purpose to provide Insurance that does good.
Grounded in its purpose and guided by its core values, Gore Mutual believes that being good and doing good by its employees, customers and broker partners will benefit not only them but also the organisation – which in turn allows it to spread good in local communities and reward the good it sees in others. This is what is driving the mutual’s work to become a purpose-driven, digitally-led national insurer.
Gore Mutual is committed to bringing its purpose to life through the following:
- Be good: We are committed to doing business the right way. We hold ourselves and our partners to a higher business standard. We foster a culture that supports our people, with flexible workplaces welcoming diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Do good: We strive to provide customers with more value and service – especially when they need it most. We nurture strong relationships with our broker partners, making doing business simple, sharing goals, and investing in a more resilient future, every day.
- Spread good: We believe there’s more than enough good to go around. We continue to partner with organisations across Canada that create measurable impact and a better tomorrow.
A visual identity for a modern mutual
Building on its legacy and history, Gore Mutual says its refreshed brand symbolises its transformation while reflecting an ambition to scale as a purpose-driven, national insurer.
The brand identity includes a virtuous circle of good, which represents the insurer as a modern mutual. With no beginning and no end, the circle signifies continuity and constant renewal.
The insurer has also redefined what it believes it means to be a modern mutual. Mutual benefit is part of Gore Mutual’s DNA:
- Mutual benefit: Taking care of our people, customers, broker partners and communities is a top priority – so our bottom line takes care of itself.
- Reinvestment: Turning our profits from today toward a better tomorrow for all.
- Long-term vision: Focusing our resources on collective, long-term rewards and sustainability over short-term gratification
Support for Ukraine as part of Gore Mutual’s purpose
In response to the situation in Ukraine, Gore Mutual announced on Monday 28 February that it would be donating CAD 50,000 to the Canadian Red Cross Ukraine Humanitarian Crisis Appeal.
“This has been a heavy week, and we recognise the impact that the increasingly dire situation in Ukraine is having on many individuals and communities locally, nationally and globally,” says Andy Taylor, chief executive officer. “As we always have, we stand by our employees, customers, broker partners and communities in their time of need, and this is one such example. Our thoughts and hearts are with everyone who is experiencing loss and pain during this very difficult time.”