This webinar discusses the importance of prevention for our members in the mutual and cooperative insurance industry and also globally. This is the first in a series of special webinars to celebrate ICMIF’s centenary this year and more webinars will be hosted during 2022 on a wide range of topics.
Later this year, we will launch the ICMIF and the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR) Prevention Benchmark. This benchmark will be the world’s first tool for insurers, developed especially for ICMIF members to be able to measure their organisation against the global standards for prevention activities. The webinar presents the ICMIF and UNDRR Prevention Benchmark working group’s plans and activities which will drive the creation of the benchmark tool.
- Mami Mizutori, Special Representative of the Secretary-General for Disaster Risk Reduction and Head of UNDRR
- Hilde Vernaillen, Chair, ICMIF and Chair of the Management Committee, P&V Group (Belgium)
- Rob Wesseling, President and CEO, Co-operators (Canada)
- Ylva Wessén, President and CEO, Folksam (Sweden)
- Shaun Tarbuck, Chief Executive, ICMIF (moderator)
This webinar is one in a series of special webinars to celebrate ICMIF’s centenary in 2022. More webinars will be hosted this year on a wide range of topics that will be discussed further at our Centenary Conference in Rome (Italy) which takes place from 25-28 October 2022.