MORO stands for Meeting of Reinsurance Officials and is a unique, global gathering of reinsurance professionals from the mutual and cooperative sector that normally meets every two years.
In 2022, 72 reinsurance leaders from 36 companies in 19 countries gathered in Wiesbaden, Germany, to learn from and to do business with each other. At least as many are expected at the next MORO, which will take place from 6-8 June 2023 in Des Moines, Iowa (USA) hosted by EMC Insurance Companies.
ICMIF members can access the recordings and presentations slides from each session of the 2022 MORO (as well as the 2021 virtual MORO) through the ICMIF Knowledge Hub or by contacting Mike Ashurst for more information and the necessary links.
Why attend MORO 2023?
The MORO is an outstanding opportunity to share reinsurance knowledge and discuss issues of common interest with your peers from around the world in a collaborative and supportive environment. The three-day event includes high level presentations, discussion panels and one-to-one meetings, with a unique focus on how reinsurance issues affect mutual and cooperative insurers.
Based on feedback from previous delegates, we hope to include the following topics at MORO 2023 as well as any new, hot topics that may arise between now and next year:
Current state of the reinsurance market
- A high-level panel discussing the latest hot topics impacting the (re)insurance market
- Update on the global insurance protection gap
- The role of (re)insurance in addressing ESG risks
Claims and catastrophe modelling
- Are cat models outdated due to climate change and inflation?
- Case studies: What can we learn from recent cat and non-cat losses?
- What can we learn from the emerging risks previously predicted by the industry compared to what actually materialised?
- Emerging risks update including contractual wording and clauses
- Latest trends in cyber insurance and cyber security
Innovation and insurtech
- New opportunities arising from developing technologies
- Insurtech case studies
Leveraging your membership and the ICMIF network
- As ever, the MORO will include examples of success stories that members have had in their markets and look for ways to work together to create a more resilient future.
- USD 1,250 for members
- USD 2,500 for non-members
Please note that delegates are required to make their own reservation with the Hotel Fort Des Moines.
Hotel Fort Des Moines
1000 Walnut St,
In order to receive ICMIF’s specially negotiated room rates, delegates are kindly requested to book their own accommodation using this link.
Prices are as below:
- Standard king or two queen beds: USD 187.15 (inclusive of all taxes, based on either single or double occupancy)
- King or double corner room: USD 231.98 (inclusive of all taxes, based on either single or double occupancy)
Breakfast and Wi-Fi are included in the price above.
At present the cancellation policy is as follows: a room may be cancelled 48 hours prior to arrival date without penalty by 3:00pm local time. If the reservation is cancelled or modified after that time, the guest will be charged one-night room and tax.
Registration is open for MORO 2023!
The next MORO will be hosted by EMC Insurance Companies and the event will be held at their head office in downtown Des Moines in Iowa (USA) from Tuesday 6 June to Thursday 8 June 2023.
“A lot of time to exchange and discuss. The balance between speeches and discussions was perfect.”
“Catching up with real people of the insurance industry in the aftermath of Corona, exchanging views and ideas.”
“I enjoyed all the parts of the conference, it was well organized and felt that everything went smoothly and as planned!”
“The multiple opportunities to get around and talk to everyone. The size of the event is good for this. Excellent hosts - both R+V and ICMIF. Thank you.”
“Everything worked well. I appreciated the breakout sessions, great discussions happened.”
“I feel everything was timed perfectly, right amount of time and format and structure was excellent.”